Cook Time: 10 minutes
Here’s a quick chocolate milkshake recipe that will take you right back in time. Thick, creamy, and decadent — all you need is a blender and four simple ingredients for this delightful drink.
List of ingredients:
Chef Tip: If you want to level up the chocolate factor on this milkshake, use chocolate milk instead of regular milk. You can also throw some chocolate chips or chocolate shavings on top.
There’s no better way to quench both your thirst and sweet tooth on a hot summer day. When the sweet cravings hit, when your friends drop in unexpectedly, when your kids are begging for a yummy snack — this easy chocolate shake recipe will come to your rescue!
The best part about this recipe is that you can play around with different chocolate sauces or even blend in your favorite chocolate cookies. Share this simple recipe with your friends — they’ll love it!
• The popularity of milkshake flourished in the year 1922, after a Walgreens employee in Chicago, Ivar “pop” Coulson took an old fashioned malted milk (milk, chocolate, and malt) and added two scoops of ice cream, creating a drink that became popular at a surprising rate.
• National chocolate milkshake day is on September 1.
• The word “milkshake” first appeared in 1885.
• By 1930, milkshakes referred to the sweet treat we know today with ice cream, milk, and syrup blended together.
• Chocolate milkshake is a rich source of calcium which is the main mineral present in your bones.
• One serving of chocolate milkshake contains 138 calories of which 18 is from fat.