Cook Time: 10 minutes
Sometimes, all you need is a chill, refreshing drink to spin around a dull, sultry summer afternoon. With just a few ingredients and no hassles at all, this cranberry iced tea recipe is a keeper!
List of Ingredients:
Chef Tip: How to make cranberry iced tea from scratch? If you’re not a fan of store-bought juice concentrate, here’s a simple alternative. Boil 4 cups of fresh cranberries with 4 cups of water in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat and let the berries simmer for about 20 minutes till they soften and pop. Next, strain the mix, pressing with a spoon to get the pulp out.
When your family’s sulking from the sweltering summer heat, surprise them with this quick and easy refreshment. The tangy tartness combined with the minty flavor is a definite winner! Let us know in the comments about how your cranberry iced tea turns the mood around.
• Drinking more iced tea can keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
• Iced tea is good for your teeth.
• The oldest printed recipes for iced tea date back to the 1870s.Iced tea started to appear in the United States during the 1860s. Seen as a novelty at first, during the 1870s it became quite widespread.
• Iced tea's popularity in the United States has led to an addition to standard cutlery sets: the iced teaspoon is a teaspoon with a long handle, suitable for stirring sugar in the tall glasses in which iced tea is usually served. Iced tea is at its most popular in the summer.
• Twelve ounces of unsweetened iced tea has 0 teaspoons of sugar and 2 calories.
• Compared to its hotter version, a glass of iced tea accounts for better hydration.