Cook Time: 10 Minutes
A sweet and yummy juice, brimming with the goodness of grapes, this grape juice is a wholesome meal to include in your daily diet.
Chef Tip: Adding a pinch of salt actually amplifies the grape's natural flavor.
• In the 1800s, churches faced a dilemma regarding combating alcoholism and keeping up with the tradition of using wine in communions for its religious importance.
• To replace wine with a non-alcoholic drink, unfermented sacramental wine (non-alcoholic grape juice) was created by Dr. Thomas Welch.
• The cultivation or domestication of grapes started around 6000 to 8000 years ago in the Near East.
• Grapes had yeast on the skin which occurred naturally, as a result of which alcoholic drinks such as wine were discovered 8000 years ago in Georgia.
• Grape juice are rich in several vitamins and nutrients, and especially has high amounts of vitamin C that acts as an important antioxidant for connective tissues, and vitamin K which is a fat solute vitamin necessary for blood clotting and healthy bones.
• The beneficial plant compounds in grape juice reduce the risk of various chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and heart diseases.