Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
The delicious Falafel Pita is traditionally made from scratch with chickpeas. It can be fried, or baked for a lighter version but falafel stuffed inside the pita bread is the most popular, easy, and go-to version.
Chef Tip: Add some crumbled feta to add some tang and creaminess into the sandwich.
This yummilicious meal with filled with vitamins and minerals that are crucial for healthy body functions. How to make a lip-smacking falafel pita you ask? Here's the answer.
• During Ramadan, falafels are sometimes eaten as part of iftar, the meal that breaks the daily fast after sunset. It also is considered Israel's National Dish.
• With a highly controversial history, falafel is believed to be invented by Egyptians about 1000 years ago.
• As Alexandria, Egypt, is a port city, it was possible to export the dishes to the Middle East and other areas.
• One falafel pita contains 595 calories of which 283 are from fat.
• It contains 31g of fat, 500mg of sodium, 62g of carbohydrates, and 21g of protein. This dish is high in fibre and protein that help in muscle repair and weight management.