Home > Recipes > Main Course
Hearty Honey Panini
- Apparently, this sandwich idea was a pop culture phenomenon. During the 1980s, the term ‘Paninaro’ referred to a teenagers’ culture where they would eat and meet at sandwich bars.
- It was rumored that King Tut used to heat up stones and press his stegosaurus sandwiches so that they could fit right in the mouth.
- The panini first appeared in a 16th-century Italian cookbook, and later it became super popular in the 1980s in the USA in Milanese bars.
- The term ‘Panini’ is derived from the singular 'Panino' and translates to ‘small bread, bread rolls’ in Italian.
- Your Paninis are filled with 750 calories, 74g carbs, 34g fat, and 38g protein.
- Honey contains antioxidants, which can protect the body from inflammation.