Home > Recipes > Main Course
Cook Time: 45 minutes
What’s better than pepperoni pizza? Pepperoni pizza that doesn’t only have melted cheese on top, but also oozes cheese with every bite. Find out how to make pepperoni cheese burst pizza with this easy recipe!
- Pizza dough - 22 ounces, store-bought or homemade
- Tomato sauce - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Minced garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder - ½ teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 teaspoon
- Pepperoni - 20-22 slices
- Mozzarella cheese - 12 ounces, grated
- Mozzarella cheese - 6 ounces, sliced
- All-purpose flour for rolling the dough
The Ultimate Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- To make your sauce, mix the tomato sauce, salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, garlic, onion powder, and olive oil.
- Divide the dough into two balls, one big and one small, in a 3:1 ratio.
- Dust some flour onto a surface. Roll out the smaller ball into a thin disk smaller than the full size of the pizza tray. Transfer it to the pizza tray.
- Bake it for 5-7 minutes, until the pizza base is not fully cooked but it’s firm.
- Now, roll out the bigger ball of dough to a size slightly bigger than the size of your pizza tray. Once the smaller pizza base is out of the oven, lay ¾ of the mozzarella slices in the middle of the bigger base and lay the smaller base on top of this. Line the circle around the smaller base with the remaining mozzarella slices, and fold the edges of the bigger dough disk over the edges of the smaller base. Your pizza base is ready.
- Now, spread the pizza sauce all over the base.
- Place half of the pepperoni all around the pizza.
- Spread the grated mozzarella all over the pizza, and then top it with the remaining pepperoni.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the pizza alongside oregano and chili flakes.
Chef Tip: Add some sun-dried tomatoes and olives to your pizza to elevate the flavor.
If you’re looking to wow your friends or family, this quick and easy pepperoni cheese burst pizza recipe is for you. Everyone’s going to be asking for the recipe — hit the share button!
• Pepperoni is undeniably Americas most favorite pizza topping. In a study conducted by business advisor Brian Roemmele across 604 pizzerias in the USA, a whopping 36% of orders were for pizzas with pepperoni and 14% for sausages and 11% for mushrooms.
• The first documented mention of the word ‘pepperoni’ was in 1919 in New York City when it started popping up in the menus of various Italian pizzerias and delis across Lower Manhattan.
• As we know, pizza originated in Naples and when Italian immigrants began moving to the United States in the early 20th century, they started blending pizza with American ingredients.
• A slice of pepperoni pizza could have around 313 calories of which 119 calories are from fat. Needless to say, this is not the healthiest choice out there.
• Pepperoni has high amount of saturated fat that can lead to chronic health diseases. It contains sodium, too much of which can cause hypertension.