Cook Time: 30 Minutes
This quick and easy recipe can transform a monotonous meal into a zesty feast in no time. Learn how to make plain white rice into a flavorful dish with just a few ingredients, and watch your guests ask for more!
Chef Tip: Mexican rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Place it in an airtight container and pop it in the microwave to reheat it, or stir it in a frying pan on the stovetop.
Once you try out this recipe, you won’t be able to go back to plain rice ever again. Serve it for Sunday dinner, and watch the eyes of your loved ones light up with your praises!
• It is well known that Mexican cuisine is a combination of indigenous Mesoamerican and European culinary techniques.
Rice is not native to Mexico, it was introduced by Spaniards which is why spicy Mexican rice is very commonly referred to as “Spanish rice” although it has no connection with Spanish cuisine.
• Let us find out how rice was introduced to Mexico and became an integral part of their cuisine.
• There is prominent archeological evidence that shows rice was first domesticated in the region of Yangtze River valley in China around 8000 years ago.
• A serving of 250g of spicy Mexican rice has 388 calories.
• It contains 73g of carbohydrates, 4g of fat, and 10g of protein. Mexican rice is a good source of vitamin C which is provided from bell peppers and tomatoes, it boosts immunity and protects you from infections.