Home > Recipes > Sub Recipes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Smoky BBQ'd chicken wings, or steak is incomplete without a lip-smacking BBQ sauce. The essence lies in the harmonious blend of the savory sauce ingredients. Preparing BBQ sauce at home seems like a difficult task. However, now you can enjoy a great homemade BBQ sauce with our quick and easy BBQ sauce recipe. Everybody has their favorite versions of BBQ sauce recipes. Here we share a recipe for a BBQ sauce prepared in the quickest 15 mins.
- Tomato sauce
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Stone house seasoning
- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
How To Make Appetizing BBQ Sauce At Home?
- In a bowl, take 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce, ¼ cup brown sugar (Demerara), apple cider vinegar, 4 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, stone house seasoning, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- Heat a thick saucepan on a high flame. After it's heated, pour the above sauce mixture into the pan.
- Keep the flame on medium and let the sauce boil for 10 minutes.
- Continuously stir the sauce to avoid it burning.
- As soon as the sauce thickens, switch off the gas.
- Leave the mixture to cool down completely.
- Mix the sauce well before transferring to the container.
- In a clean, tightly sealed (moisture-free jar) glass jar, transfer the sauce.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- You can serve the sauce on BBQ ribs, steaks, sirloin, and more.
Chef Tip: When choosing the tomato sauce, always prefer the one with few ingredients and does not contain fructose corn syrup. The stone house seasoning already has salt and black pepper; add per taste.
There are several BBQ sauce recipes like North Carolina BBQ, Kansas City BBQ, and more when it comes to BBQ sauce. See what is easy to prepare that tastes great! Try this and let us know in the comments below!
- Adding a shot of single malt scotch gives a smokier and rustier flavor to bbq sauce. This was traditionally used in diners only but is now so widely accepted and relished that you can find scotch-based bbq sauces in bottled packages all over markets.
- Barbeque sauce has a unique Southern and Western U.S history. The art of adding sauces and spices to meat and fish began very early in our history when Native Americans passed on the practice to early European settlers.
- This procedure was probably developed as a way to keep the meat from spoiling. Salt is one of the prime ingredients used as a preservative in the meat curing process and a key ingredient in sauces too.
- A typical 100 grams serving of bbq sauce can contain 172 calories. To break it down further, it contains 0.6g of fat, 0mg of cholesterol, 1,027mg of sodium, 232mg of potassium, and 41g of carbohydrates.
- The lycopene in tomato sauce also effectively helps in the prevention of prostate cancer. however, it is significant to know that too much sodium obtained from tomatoes causes high blood pressure which is not good for cardiac functions.