Home > Recipes > Sub Recipes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Chocolate sauce is a versatile sauce that can be used with a wide array of dishes. From pouring hot chocolate sauce on a brownie to making that perfect hot chocolate in winters, it livens your taste buds.
Let's see how to make an easy chocolate sauce with just a few ingredients.
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk (only if you want to make creamy chocolate sauce)
A quick and easy chocolate sauce for dressing your favorite desserts and hot chocolate.
- Take water in a pan, add sugar to it and bring it to a boil. In another bowl, whisk together cocoa, butter, and salt with milk and add into the boiling water.
- Stir continuously without forming lumps for 3-5 minutes until the sauce texture thickens.
- Check for consistency, and accordingly add water, if you want thin consistency.
- Turn off the heat and add vanilla essence to it.
- Keep it aside till it cools down. You will see that your chocolate sauce has thickened a bit and is ready to serve.
Chef Tip: You can make a vegan version of this sauce by skipping milk and butter. For nutty zest, you can add cashew or almond milk instead.
Also, you can play with the taste of chocolate sauce by adding different flavors like spearmint or hazelnuts to it.
This chocolate recipe is very simple and can be prepared in under 15 minutes. The chocolate sauce goes with a variety of foods. You can add them in shakes or spread them on your sandwich. Have fun with this recipe, and let us know how you used your chocolate sauce in the comments below.
- Chocolate Sauce was often used in black-and-white movies to simulate blood because it was safe for the performers to swallow, easy to get out of clothing, and cheap to buy.
- It is also useful on black and white film for realistic viscosity. It was used in many movies, including The Wasp Woman and Psycho.
- It is often used as a topping or dessert sauce for various desserts, such as ice cream, or mixed with milk to make chocolate milk, or blended with milk and ice cream to make a chocolate milkshake.
- Chocolate syrup is also used to top puddings and cakes. Some restaurants use an artistic drizzling of chocolate syrup to decorate servings of cheesecake or cake, along with other decorations such as cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or chocolate shavings.
- Chocolate sauce is a sweet, chocolate-flavored condiment.
- A simple chocolate sauce can be made from unsweetened cocoa powder, a sweetener such as sugar, and water.