Home > Recipes > Sub Recipes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Forget fuddy-duddy tomato sauce, nowadays, you can have a variety of dipping sauces to enjoy with different kinds of food. Let’s read how to make this simple creamy dipping sauce that you can relish anytime and anywhere.
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp finely grated garlic
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp cilantro leaves
From a cheesy pizza to a green goddess finger snack, the dipping sauce is an integral part of the meal. Now, check this quick and easy recipe to enjoy with a variety of snacks at any time.
- Cut one cucumber into small pieces and drain all the excess water from it. This is done so that your sauce doesn't become too runny.
- Blend sour cream or greek yogurt along with all the finely cut greens (Chives, parsley, garlic) in a food blender till it becomes foamy.
- Now add cucumber to it along with the addition of salt and pepper and whisk it well.
- You can add a dash of lime juice for a tangy taste to it or skip it completely as per your choice.
- Now enjoy this creamy dip along with a variety of your favorite meals.
Chef Tip: This creamy dip can also be made using store-bought mayonnaise and whisking the above ingredients together. You can play with this sauce in a variety of ways by adding mustard to it or adding chopped onions instead of cucumber to it. Either way, it will still taste good and go along with all your meals.
Dipping sauce adds tanginess to food and can be used with a number of snacks. Besides, you can refrigerate it for many days and use it as per your need. This recipe is a blend of many other sauce recipes which can be further altered as per your choice and taste.
- The Dipping sauce owes its colour to fermentation, which begins two or three months after the brewing begins. In this reaction, the sugars of the soy sauce combine with amino acids to produce melanoidin, which gives soy sauce its brown colour.
- The soy sauce comes in a diverse variety- Shoyu is made from wheat products, Ponzu is made with fruits, Toyo is used as marinade and Ganjang is the Korean version with fermented soybean and brine.
- Soy sauce in its current form was created about 2,200 years ago during the Western Han dynasty of ancient China and spread throughout East and Southeast Asia where it is used in cooking and as a condiment.
- It's said that the roots of soy sauce can be traced back to a sauce called “Jan” in ancient China. That began from pickling raw materials in salt to preserve them, and there were varieties based on fruit, vegetables, and seaweed, etc., on meat and fish, on meat only, and on grains.
- One teaspoon of dipping sauce contains 8.5 calories of which 0.8 are from fat. To break it down further, it consists of 0.1g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 70mg potassium, 0.8g carbohydrate, and 1.3g proteins.
- Dipping sauce and its components have some potential health benefits, which include promoting digestion, reducing allergies, strengthening immune system and reducing blood pressure.