Home > Recipes > Sub Recipes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Who doesn’t love a doughnut, right? Making them is easier than it seems as well. A good doughnut mix recipe can go a long way. You can add your flavorings to it. You can also add your toppings to the cooked doughnuts or have it as a basic sugar or glazed doughnut.
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Dry yeast
- 4 ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
A perfect mix for your doughnut cravings
- Heat a cup of milk until lukewarm.
- Add granulated sugar and dissolve completely.
- Add yeast to it and let it rest for about 8 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mix into the first bowl (sugar, eggs, etc..).
- Add the flour mix to this bowl as well.
- Mix properly.
- Take it out on a flat surface and knead until elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and rest at a warm spot for an hour.
- Spread the dough on parchment paper and use a doughnut cutter to cut the shapes.
- Knead the leftovers together and repeat the cutting process with them.
- Place the doughnuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover, and rest for about 40 mins.
- Cook the doughnuts in the oil on both sides.
- For the glaze, mix ¼ cup milk, 2 cups powdered sugar, and ½ tsp vanilla extract well.
- Once the doughnuts are cooked, drain excess oil.
- Pour over the glaze or dip doughnuts in it and serve.
Chef Tip: Don’t rush the resting period both times. It allows the yeast to rice, and your doughnuts become fluffy and airy.
A simple recipe for a basic doughnut. You can make different glazes, add different flavors, and even make assorted ones from just one doughnut mix recipe.
- John Haight, who consumed 29 donuts in just over 6 minutes, holds the Guinness World record for doughnut eating.
- Donuts weren’t always round. These treats were flat or rolled in uneven shapes that resembled walnuts.
- In 1673, a Dutch woman named Mrs. Anna Joralemon in New York City opened the first doughnut shop. And it was so awesome that, a street was named after her.
- It's also stated that a woman named Elizabeth Gregory made a wicked deep-fried dough that cleverly used her son’s spice cargo of nutmeg and cinnamon, along with lemon rind, put hazelnuts in the center, and called it dough nut.
- Each serving of a donut mix contains 260g calories, 8g fat, 70g fat, and 10g proteins.